Policy and important information:
To ALL Students, Parents and/or Guardians,
* Cash, Money Orders, Checks and Credit Cards accepted *extra $10 fee for credit/debit card and online payments.
* Fees and deposits are not transferrable to another student.
* $40 charge for any returned checks, which will require $40 plus all other fees to be paid in Cash only.
* If you Register the 1st day of class, please arrive on time to complete the registration process.
* Drinks & Snacks are available at ABIX for $1 each during breaks & lunch.
* Classes include a lunch period and several short breaks throughout the day(s).
* OMV Driver's Education Guide Book available for $15; used extensively in all classes and for studying and preparing for the OMV written Exam
* $40 Cancellation fee if you are a no-show for a scheduled drive time unless we are notified at least 24 hours in advance, no exceptions.
* $40 change of class Transfer fee if a student switches a class originally signed up for. Only 1 transfer allowed per student.
* Replacement Certified Copy of Certificates are $20 each. Replacement Non-Certified Copies are $10 each.
* Students will receive the Original and 1 copy of their Certificate upon successful completion of the program included with course payment. Extra or Replacement copies may be purchased as described above. The Original is for OMV, the Copy is for your Insurance company.
* Written hard copies of our Poicy are available at our School location.
* The course/class Deposit amount is $200, and is non-refundable because it guarantees a seat in the class, but the full amount of the deposit may be used for the same student towards payment of one available subsequent class if the student cannot attend the original class registered for. If the student doesn't attend the subsequent class, the total deposit plus any course payment is non-refundable, no exceptions. Deposits and Payments are non-transferable to another student.
* Payments for the Road Skills Test are non-refundable and may not be used for re-scheduling a Road Skills Test. If you re-schedule a RST, full payment is due prior to re-scheduling.
* ALL STUDENTS in our 38 Hour Courses have 120 DAYS and Students in our 14 Hour Courses have 90 days to complete their 8 HOURS of driver training after the Class is completed. Students will be offered ample opportunities to drive within that time, it is their responsibility to take advantage of the opportunities to drive given by ABIX Driving Academy.
* Students not completing the course within the allowed time will have to re-take and re-pay for the entire course (38 and/or 14 Hour Course).
* ALL STUDENTS in our 38 and 14 Hour Courses will take the OMV Written Driver's Exam at ABIX upon completion of the classroom portion of the course.
* If a student is removed from class/course for a behavior issue; If a student starts a class/course and does not complete it; If a student is a no show and fails to transfer to a subsequent available class at least 24 hours prior to the start of the class registered for, the total amount of the tuition fees are charged and are non refundable, no exceptions. Fees paid may not be used for another student, class or course.
* Youth class students need to bring certified copy of birth certificate & a parent or legal guardian with State issued Driver's License or ID, Military ID or Passport to register and sign the Registration Form, Permit & Certificate.
* Youth class students may bring lunch, or lunch can be delivered to ABIX, or ABIX will have lunch orders delivered. Lunch cost $6 - $10, depending on what the student orders: Pizza, Hamburger, Chicken Strips, etc.
* Youth class students are not allowed to leave the premises at ABIX, unless accompanied by a parent or designee.
* Youth class Minimum class size requirement...4 students.
* Adult class students must bring pictured State issued ID, License, Military ID or Passport & one other form of identification: S/S card, Birth Certificate...
* Adult class students may bring lunch or go out to get lunch on their own, but must be back in 30 minutes.
Texting and Driving PSA
How are you talking to your high schooler about the dangers of texting and driving?Many of you have asked us to post this PSA with you via social media as more teens are hitting the road with the start of the school year. Feel free to use this powerful message to get a conversation started.Posted by WJBF News Channel 6 on Friday, August 8, 2014